Friday, January 8, 2010

Technical Difficulties...

Well, honestly, it's user difficulties. As I've told you, I am not a computer genius. I'm not even computer gifted. I am a computer try-as-hard-as-I-can-er. (-until-I-get-really-frustrated-and-turn-the-whole-thing-over-to-my-11-year-old-er.) I am envious of all these beautiful blogs I see and I do so want mine to look as nice as possible. So, for Christmas I asked my DH to give me Photoshop. I thought, "What a great program! All my friends use it and just look at the amazing things they can do! Posting pictures to my blog will be so much faster and easier with that program. I *must* have it." And because he is a wonderful DH, (and certainly not because I ordered it, shipped it to the house, opened the box, gave it to him and said wrap this and give it to me for Christmas. no certainly not that.) he gave it to me. As you can imagine, I was super excited to get it going and start fixing those pictures and post away.

First mistake - I tried to install it. by myself. That didn't go well. I have actually installed programs before and it's not too hard. That is until the computer gives me a warning that some other program is running and it can't proceed until said program is closed. And I can't find said program to close it! Ugh. I worked for a long time to find that program. (long time being 10 mins or so, but it seems like FOREVER!) And then I decided to wait for the computer genius, my 11 year old, to get home from school. When he did, I explained that I couldn't install the program because of earlier said extra program running. The boy looked at me and laughed. Really. Then, as he smirks, he tells me, "Mama, see this little button here, that is shaped like a blah with a blah blah in it? Just click on it and blah, blah, blah and that's it. HOW long did you try to do this? It's sooooo easy." And like a good mother, I sighed and said Thank You. And as soon as he turned around, I rolled my eyes at him!!

Mistake Number 2 - I tried to work the program. And there is no manual. When did they stop sending instructions with stuff? I need a book to read. You know, an actual book, printed out, on paper and maybe bound together so I can hold it in my hands and read it as I am trying to understand all the amazing things this program can do. Not instructions on.the.computer! *shakes head* This time, the boy genius is asleep, so I asked some friends how to create a watermark and use my "fun" new program to put it on my pics. Sweet friends that they are, they send me... links to videos. on. the. computer. (Thanks Spicy and NoJo. I know you were trying to help.) OK, I can do this. I click on the first link and follow all the steps and do everything he says and .... nope. It doesn't work right. The watermark won't show up on the card. I worked for literally 4 hours just on that one alone. And have nothing to show for it. So I try the second link. I follow all the steps and do everything she says and... yep, another no go. I worked another 3 hours or so on that one and again have nothing to show for my time. Still no watermark, still no pictures to post for you. At that point, I gave up and went and hung out on Facebook, because that is something that I know how to do.

Is there a point to this post? Yes, and no. I did want to let you know that I have made some super cute paper crafts that I want to share. And to post *something* so that you know I am here and that I haven't become trapped under the giant mountain of laundry. However, I can't post any pictures yet. I guess I'll have to get the boy to show his old mama how to make a watermark this weekend. That is, if I can take the ribbing he likes to give me. :)

In closing, I want to encourage all of you to check out the AMAZING new products and promotions that Stampin' Up! released January 5. The Mini Catalog is SLAM full of fantastic new items and stamp sets. And I am loving the new heart candy cups and matching stamp set. Plus, it is SAB time again - so be sure to check out that catalog too and see the choices for the FREE items this time. Adorable!!

I'll be back with pictures as soon as I can! In the meantime, I hope y'all have a Stamptacular Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment