Friday, November 6, 2009

Peeking out from under my rock...

Good afternoon y'all. I know I have been MIA since July and I am truly sorry. Life has been a whirlwind and unfortunately stamping got pushed to the back burner.

Lemme explain. No, no time. Lemme sum up... (I *heart* the Princess Bride) July I went to the ER with a serious sinus infection and didn't get rid of it for a month. The end of the month, a long weekend trip to see my parents turned into an almost 2 week stay. There were some complications that arose and so the stay just kept getting longer and longer. It was nice to get to see my parents and sister so much, but I was also ready to get home. August was back to school for all 3 kids - 3 different schools, 3 different schedules, etc. Also, I spent 3 weeks plus working on wedding cakes. (Quick aside, in my previous life as I like to call it, I owned a specialty bakery. Made custom cakes and cookies. I took a break when we moved and am doing just a little here and there now.) These cakes and the drama surrounding them, which I won't get into on a public forum, took over my life for almost 4 weeks. It was terrible and I can't tell you how relieved I was once it was all over. It was all-consuming. September brought a little relief. I went on vacation with my family to Disney. We had been planning the trip since February and we had a fantastic time. It was such a blessing to see my children, especially the 3 year old, get excited about the magic of Disney. Finally, I did my first bit of stamping in forever for a workshop for the last week of the month. First workshop in many many months. It felt good to be stamping again. October disappeared on me. I know we had all the normal stuff of soccer, scouts, schools, field trips, home work, church activities, and so forth. And then we did have a little bit of Halloween stuff to do. But honestly, I don't remember much of the month. It went by way too fast. And that brings us to November....

I start decorating for Christmas in October ... yes, yes, I know.... and the kids don't get it or like it, but I do it any way. lol I LOVE Christmas. And the holiday season, much like my October this year, goes by way too fast. I want to enjoy it as much as I can, so I get a head start on the decorating. Hey, at least I keep the decorating to the inside of the house until after Halloween. Wouldn't want to embarrass the kids... at least not that way. I've got other evil plans that take care of that. It's my job as a mom. muwahahaha. So I have been working on that for a few days.

However, I have actually stamped a little too. I have a workshop this weekend and I am very excited about it. So I have been trying to find my stamping mojo again. It's being a little difficult lately and doesn't seem to want to come out and play. I blame the dust bunnies. Sneaky little jokers.

I promise I will be back soon to post pictures of the fun bits of stamping I have been able to do. I apologize again for disappearing on you for so long. And I want to thank those of you who kindly sent me messages asking how I was doing. And thanks to any of you who came back and are willing to give me another go. :)

I hope you all have a stamptacular day!

No comments:

Post a Comment