Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Whew....

Warning!! I'm a bit wordy today!! :) Boy, Spring Break really wore me out. And now I'm home facing a huge pile of laundry and an empty fridge. I must go to the grocery store! Actually, I should have already gone, but I have been playing around with my goodies today. I got the box in right before I left town and so I really didn't get much time to play. My mojo seems to be a little off today. (Payback for not doing the laundry and shopping, maybe??)

I managed to finish one card today. I started out this morning thinking that I would like to do the last two Mojo Mondays sketches since I had missed both. The card that I finished uses the sketch from last week. Let me tell you it was a challenge! Now, I am sure you are talking to the screen and asking me where this card is already. I know this, because it is what I would be doing. But here is my dilemma, I am trying to decide if I am going to enter into a contest that Stampin' Up! has for their demonstrators. The contest is called the Artisan Award and they choose just 10 people out of thousands of entries to become Artisans of the Year. Demos who enter must send in 3 cards, 2 scrapbook pages, and 1 3D item. They have lots of rules and it is all very interesting, but one of the rules states that the projects sent in can not have previously been posted to a web site or sent in to a magazine, etc for other contests. If I want to send in something that I have made, I can not have posted it here or uploaded it to Splitcoaststampers. So, here I am thinking that I really want to post some of the things I have made (because I am excited with how they turned out) but I am hesitating because I don't know if I am going to enter the contest or not. AGHHHHH! It's so hard to decide. I really really really want to share with you, but I think I also want to enter the contest. See my dilemma?? I am hesitant to enter because I know for a fact that Jan Tink, whom I follow online faithfully and in awe, is entering this year. And I know she should be one of the ones chosen! Don't get me wrong, I am proud of the things I create, but when I think about all of the amazing talent out there, I get a bit weak kneed. I just can't decide. I have to decide soon because the deadline is this week. (EEEKKKKK!!) I'll let you know what I decide....

In the mean time, so you won't hate me (I hope), I will post a couple of projects I did a bit ago. I made these cards with some retired SU double sided papers because at the time I was still waiting on my new kit to arrive. I saw some cards in the gallery on SCS that I instantly adored. I went to the creator's blog and have really enjoyed looking at her stuff. She does a weekend sketch challenge almost every week where she picks 4 sketches and makes a set of coordinating cards using those sketches. I saw one set that she did using the A Little Birdie Told Me set and had to try my hand at it. You can see her blog and creations HERE. Remember that when I made these, I did not have my new stuff in and most of what I owned was retired. I was trying my best not to use any retired items and make do with limited supplies. However, I needed some DSP so I had to use what I had, even though it is retired. I think they turned out nicely just the same. I would love to hear how you think I did!!

Here are my cards:










And here is a little box I made to go along with the set.


I hope y'all have a Stamptacular Day! I'm off to carpool and soccer...

2 comments:

  1. Go for the contest! You'll never know if you don't try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are way too cute projects !!!!!i love your coloring and colors!!!!!!
    tfs:)
    chat

    ReplyDelete